In this update, hands are automatically grouped by hand strength types, we accelerated many HU equity calculations by a factor of 20 or more, and fixed crashs on systems with bad graphical device hardware (e.g., AWS).
– New feature introduced: Board hit evaluations auto-group hands into very strong hands, strong hands, draws etc. You can customize these groups.
– For a fixed flop and HU, board hit evaluations will instantly give you results without the need to click buttons.
– HU equity calculation on the flop has been accelerated to run almost instantly now. This affects equity calculation, board hit evaluation with equities, and equity matrices. (Equity graphs are yet to come)
– Preflop HU equity matrices will show exact results per click instantly now.
– Tutorial tooltips in the board hit evaluation view make it easier for you to learn about the functions in this tab.
– Fixed a severe issue on machines with old graphical device drivers (that are standard on AWS virtual machines) that would prevent PokerRanger from starting after the trial dialog.
– Hand types that have 0% hit are hidden automatically in the board hit evaluation tab.
– Cross icon to close a tab is now put directly next to the pen icon.
– Created an option dialog to have all options at one place (and adding option to remove tutorial tooltips).
– Improved board hit evaluation tab to only show/select ranges with hands in it (yet to come for other tabs).
In this update, we received some usability wishes and a few rare bugs that we fixed.
– Added support to import more ranges from other software via text, e.g. full Simple Postflop support
– Board hit evaluation tab has now more stable range hovers that keep staying open
– Added close button for tabs directly into the tab title
– Cards/hands can be deselected by using the left mouse button
– Made some texts clearer in board hit evaluation tab and equity evolution tab
– Fixed a bug that sometimes equity tables would not show results for specific positions
– Fixed a bug that sometimes suit hovers would not show colors of other groups
– Let PokerRanger close again when equity evolution/graph evaluation is still running
– Fixed a bug that custom sum / selected hands in board hit evaluation tab would not always show the correct number when in equity mode
– Fixed a bug that few gutshot draws were sometimes not acknowledged as such
14 Feb 2021
Bug fixes and more range input
Only few hours left on early bird deal!
– Changed buttons in board hit evaluation view to show actual board/random cards evaluated
– Removed redundant board cards from board card widget
– Fixed rare issue that license would need activation at each PokerRanger start
– Fixed bug that PokerRanger would sometimes crash on specific layouts
– Accept more weighted ranges, mixing weights and no weights, e.g.: AA[/50]KKQQ[/50] resulting in KK[/100]QQ,AA[/50] automatically
– Make history view better readable in Windows dark mode
4 Feb 2021
Early bird deal still ongoing until 14 February 2021!
– Dark mode
As one of very few Poker analysis tools PokerRanger offers to switch between light and dark mode now. It does not depend on your operating system's
capability of having a light or dark mode. You can switch during your PokerRanger session in the "layout switching" dialog.
– Accept weighted range input with more digits and round automatically
e.g. [10.12345]AA[/10.12345] automatically becomes [10.12]AA[/10.12] (AA weighted with 10.12%)
– Fixed a display bug of sections not showing the full title
– Fixed a bug that changing board cards via text input/random button did sometimes not update other widgets
Multiple user experience improvements
17 Jan 2021
This is the first update after our big release. All changes:
– Player ranges renamed to "CO opening range", "BTN opening range", ...
– Have three empty color groups for ranges as default
– Let PokerRanger2 detect PokerRanger1 ranges on the computer and automatically import it, also there is a menu option to import them from system later
– Range lines show color squares and range/group name within the line
– Show tooltips within ranges lines with range text, combinations, range percentage, and parent range percentage
– Fix small bugs that EV/FE view would sometimes not close with "Close" button when changing raise size
– Fix displayed small blind size in expected value tree view
– Make buttons in main window range views more beautiful and smaller
– Add close button to hand range manipulation view
– Increase default width of main window range tree view for groups
– Add tooltips for range buttons in hand range manipulation view
– Create a button for adding a group on same level, rename the "Add group" button to indicate that it creates a subgroup of the selected item
– Add context menu for groups of current range in range manipulation view
– Introduce "use" button for custom ranges that replaces the entire current range with groups (ignoring whether a group or range is selected)
– Add random board button
– Fixed a bug that using custom ranges as current ranges could sometimes display the range black